Wednesday, April 16, 2008:

Does Size Really Matter?
Sorry guys, it's been awhile since i last post. Well, been busy lately, had a camp, and school just started recently. It's 3rd day today! Life in Ngee Ann Poly is fun but tiring at the same time. But I'm pretty happy with where i am. Well, we had a telematch today, all the different schools of Ngee Ann Poly competing in games, cheers etc..
At first, when the school (of Humanities) leader called me and ask me to represent the school, i thought it was some small lame competition, but nevertheless, i went. I thought it was a informal event. I was wrong! It was HUGE! I walk out from the briefing room to the track, i was in shock! There were hundreds/thousands of people cheering at the stands! And I told my friend "Wow i thought this was a small competition?" He was pretty surprised too. Hahas.
Our school had the least amount of supporters, compared to the rest of the schools like School of Business, Engineering, Health Science, etc.. As we were the smallest faculty, only having 4 courses and a few hundred students. Mind you, Ngee Ann has 16,000 students. So yes, our school is the tiniest.
But we were not scared, and we just cheered as loud as we can with the hand-full of students we had. Even the lecturers and principal of our school came to suppor ust! And although we were little in numbers, we cheered louder than schools that were 2 times our size! And guess what? In the 4 races, we got 1st for 2 of them, and 2nd for 1, and our school was crowned the overall champion!! My leader pushed me up to collect the medals for the school and shake hands with the VIP. I did not know who he(VIP) was at first, i just smiled when i was at the grand stand, collect the prize, took a photo and said thanks.
I later found out, he was the director of Ngee Ann Poly!! Anyway, it's only the 3rd day, and i already got a gold medal and a handshake with the school's director. Hahas! Can't wait to see what's going to happen in the next 3 years. God is good. He surprises you when you least expect it. Anyway, lesson learned, size does not matters! It's the spirit! So don't despise small and humble beginnings. Use what you have and develop it.
Conclusion, Small size+Big heart= Big results

Go to message board | Permalink