Monday, August 18, 2008:

Win or Lose?
Last saturday was a very big day for me. The project selfless shoe, a small little idea that I just thought of last year actually came to the final stage. Who would have thought we'd come to this stage?
Presenting infront of the mayor, and the likes of renowned business people like Ms Elim Chew (Founder of 77th Street). Yes, even though we came in 2nd place. I know it is already considered a success to me. To think that we started with, nothing. Just a simple idea and concept. It just shows once again, that all you need is passion, persistence and determination to make your dream a reality.

When we first starte out, I still remembered people laughing at my idea, saying "are you crazy? it's not possible! Who would do a business like that?!" But that didn't stop me. And look where we are today. It is already happening. It is a victory, Sole Makers!


(Prize presented by Mayor)

(visiting our booth)

(Photo with Elim Chew)

(Some encouragement, and helpful tips)

(Triple J: John, Jing Ying, Justine)



(Presentation)



-Thanks for all the support: Yah Lan, Joshua, Ameia, Felicia, Ms Joyce
And those who gave words of encouragement: Carol, Cecilia, Twinkle, Joshua Lim
Most importantly, all glory goes to God!
Jeremiah 1:7-8
7 But the LORD said to me: “ Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. 8 Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD.

Go to message board | Permalink