Tuesday, September 23, 2008:

How Great?

So I was just reading up on wikipedia today. Found some really interesting and intriguing facts that kept me thinking.
I searched up for universe. And this was what I found:
"The Universe is defined as everything that physically exist: the entirety of space and time, all forms of matter, energy and momentum, and the physical laws and constants that govern them. However, the term "universe" may be used in slightly different contextual senses, denoting such concepts as the cosmos, the world or Nature.
Astronomical observations indicate that the universe is 13.73 ± 0.12 billion years old and at least 93 billion light years across."
Amazing isn' it? It takes 93 billion light years to travel from one end of the universe to the other! Some additional facts, the speed of light in a vacuum is exactly 299,792,458 metres per second, (or 299, 792. 458 Kilometes per second). And at that speed, the speed of light, it takes 93 BILLION YEARS to get to the other end!
It left me thinking, how could we ever travel to the end of the universe. It is literally impossible for humans to ever do that! And at that very moment, I was reminded. That is how great the creator of the universe is. How can we ever measure His greatess. No human mind can ever perceive. His glory, His Majesty, His power.

And I thought to myself, what is so great? And what is too difficult that He cannot resolve? He is the Almighty! The Creator. The Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last! Time is in His hands.

Then I smiled, and remembered, He is my best friend =)


Exodus 18:11 (NKJV)

11 Now I know that the LORD is greater than all the gods; for in the very thing in which they behaved proudly, He was above them.”

-i'm yours for life

Go to message board | Permalink