Wednesday, September 16, 2009:


Childhood Dream
As a young boy, I always wanted a BMX. But somehow, never did get it. On the otherhand, my mom chose to buy me a mountain bike. I never understood why she did that.
I never really understood why she did that. I mean I WANTED A STUNT BIKE! I thought it was cooler, after watching all the extreme sports competiton, when the daredevil stunt bikers would fly in mid air, do some grinds on the rails. Wow, it seemed so cool. I later understood why my mom never did buy me one of the BMX.
Firstly, I was a kid, not a stunt bike hero. My mom understood that riding on those BMX was dangerous. She was smart, she knew if i did get the BMX I would hurt myself while trying to do some ridiculous stunts. Even without a bike, God knows how many time I have sprained my neck, fractured my arm. That's the first reason.

Secondly, comparing a BMX and a mountain bike. A BMX is only used for stunts. There is no way you can ride on a BMX for long distances. Unlike mountain bikes, which has gears to make your ride more easier, and better for the long run.
My mom knew what was best for me at that time. But I didn't. I thought I knew what I needed, what I wanted, I thought it was best for me.
I only understood this when I bought my BMX recently just to make myself happy. To fulfil that childhood dream and desire. Now it's clear. When I was a child I spoke like a child, I understood like a child. Threw tantrum like a child. But when I grow up, I understood with maturity.
In life, when we don't get what we want, we get angry with God, angry with life. Disattisfied. But because the Father knows what is best for His child He won't give the child what the child wants. Instead He gives the child what he really needs, what is best for him, what he can handle.

Go to message board | Permalink